The Hilldene Centre

The Hilldene Community Association was originally formed in 1964 with the aim of establishing a community centre in which local residents could meet and enjoy varied activities.

The Edwardian building started life as St James School in 1903 and in 1975 it became the Hilldene Infants School. 

The Community Association finally achieved their dream of running their own centre in 1987 but this was just the next stage, the building was in need of some tlc and it took another two years of hard work and 24 years of fund raising for the main aim of the association to be achieved. 

The Centre is managed by a small but enthusiastic volunteer management committee who see the centre used by the local community.

The Centre offers space to many local groups as well as being available for hire for Wedding receptions, Parties, Conferences and other types of events. 

sl-4

 

 
 

HOLISTIC PILATES WITH CLEO page0001